I am so looking forward to 'preaching' this message, I feel excitement running through my veins now I start writing this message. This is will be amazing!
How do you like this marathon so far? Are you able to find more time to spend with God?
Today's task will take time but it will be so worth it.
Clothing and beauty, our 'proverbs 31 woman' seems to know what she was doing and dressed herself with fine linen. It may sound a bit superficial but what if... yes what if God is finding pleasure in you dressing yourself nicely?
Doesn't the bible say:
And whatever you do or say, do it a a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father. Collosians 3:17 (NLT)
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31 (NLT)
If we are getting dressed in the morning let it be for the glory of God, oh yeah! Does it really takes that more effort to put on a dress instead of jeans? Wearing a dress or skirt doesn't have to be uncomfortable. Not saying that we have to wear skirts and dresses all the time. Wearing a pair jeans that fit nicely, together with a chique top and high heels or cute flats are making a great combo as well.
Also great with short ankle booties
You can exchange the trousers for a pair of jeans
Here are some basic tips and tricks:
- Find colours that work for you, there is plenty of information available online. For instance this site where you can download a tip sheet!
- Do not dress yourself like a rainbow (unless you are going to a rainbow party) 3 colours is the absolute maximum and one of them need to be white or black. If you look at the Casual Chique photo you find three colours. The trousers and shoes are beige, the top and hair accessory are light pink while the bag and the print of the shirt are a brighter pink.
- There are many different body types and one girl will look fabulous in a certain dress but if her best friends tries it on she might look like a cute little fluffy muffin. Once again if you are not going to a costume party this is not the look you want to portray. You can always go to a store and ask for advice and have a read online about body types.
- Balance is feminine! If you are showing (ahum I hope you know what I mean) your legs, make sure you cover up the girls. When there is emphasis on the girls make sure that the legs are fully covered. Unless you are married and you are planning a little party for your husband, feel free and confident to show everything you have all at the same time. ;-)
- Invest in some good basics like a black dress, black trousers, white blouse, jeans and shoes. These items are musthaves for every woman, if you invest in these basics you can combine them with items that are seasonal. The basics are items that will stay in your closet while the seasonal items are just temporary.
- Ever thought about asking God what He wants you to wear? I did that and it gave me a complete new inside on what I have in my wardrobe
Now the fun part will come! What about going through your wardrobe and sort it allll out. Have a good look at all the clothes you have, how are they making you feel? Like a confident, successful, beautiful follower of Christ or do they make you feel like it is Pyjama day, sloppy and baggy? Take every piece and ask yourself is this what God wants me to wear, do I wear it, does it even fit? If the answer is yes, place it in your wardrobe, if the answer is no, decide if it is ready for the garbageman or that you want to give it away (or sell it!). On day 13 we are going to have a little clothing trade party so you might want to take your left overs to this party! PS. if you are not able to do this today give it a priority on your next week planner - just sayin.
Oh and why not doing exactly the same with your beauty products. I bet you have some products that you have used for a week of 2 and they disappeared somehow. They now live somewhere in the back of a cabinet. If it is still usable set it aside to give it away (or sell it). All the products that are to old, to stinky, moldy etc trow them away. They are not coming back to life! I have learned myself to first finishing a product before I can purchase a new one.
I would love to share some basics about beauty with you!
- Find products that will suit your skin type. I encourage you to go to a beautician and ask her everything what you want to know about your skin type. Stick to a routine that will work for you. Cleaning your face twice a day and apply a moisturizer is the absolute bottom line - the Holy Spirit is trying to tell me something haha!
- Did you know that you can achieve amazing results by steaming your face a few times a week? How it works, boil water and put in a large bowl. Place a towel over your head and make sure you capture the steam. Add a few drops of tea tree oil or a sachet of chamomile tea if you want to.
- Using a perfume is a simple trick to help you boost your mood. Especially when I use one that is a bit more expensive, makes me feel like having it all together.
- Give your hair a good proper blow dry! If you are blow drying your hair just to get it dry, why not give your hair that little bit of extra? If you want more volume just lift your hear at the roots while you are blow drying it. Don't blow the air from the front (your forehead) but use your flexibility to blow the air from the back of your hair to the front. If you have wavy hair, blow dry your hair with your head upside down, while "scrunching"it. Always use a product that will protect your hair from heat. You can use a heat protection spray, serum, gel etc. whatever you prefer!
- Make up: my job requires me to wear make up. I have found a routine that works for me, working in an aircraft does something with the skin. So my work make up is different than my 'free time make up'. Lately I have this thought coming into my mind every time I am leaving my house, especially when I am going to church. Show that you can take care of yourself! Show that you care enough about yourself that you make some time free to apply a bit of make up and doing your hair. If you not quite sure on how to apply make up or what will fit you, just leave a comment on Facebook or below, if needed I will make a new blog post with the help of my beautician friend.
Hope you enjoyed this blog post as it is a bit different than the previous. I pray that you will be able to clean out your wardrobe, that you will care enough about yourself to spend time on yourself, that you are able to find the woman in yourself! A small change in your routine can have a big impact.
You are an amazing woman and let the people show, you are here with a reason and there is no reason for you to hide. Clean out your wardrobe and do not hold on to stuff from the past, that cute little dress is now 2 sizes to small? Bless someone with it! That sweater that will make you like a homeless person, you might want to make the commitment to never ever wear it in public again. We are woman of God, the highest King, He was pretty demanding when it came to making an altar (for instance exodus 38) so why not having the same standards for our life?
Oh and remember your potential husband is out there, he might be looking at you ;-)
ps. I was writing this while wearing PJ's and not having done my cleaning ritual! We can not be perfect all the time, but at least we can try to commit ourselves to take it to the next level.